The City of Loveland Visual Arts Commission (VAC) desires Northern Colorado artists to showcase their work along the Galleria walls for the Loveland Public Library in 2016. This project will serve to promote two-dimensional artists through public display of their artworks in City of Loveland facilities, and allow a means for artwork sales.
Call for Entry distributed November 30, 2015 – January 8, 2016
Deadline for submitting: Friday, January 8, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
Artwork on display: February 2016– February 2017
Jury Panel to Review the Artwork: mid-January
Artists enter into City Contract by late January
Artists Deliver Artwork: Tuesday February 9, 2016
Artwork Installed: Mid-February, 2016 (TBD)
HOW TO APPLY:
Open to all Northern Colorado artists of two-dimensional media.
Artists will be compensated with an honorarium of $250.00
All artists must submit a complete application by the specified deadline.
- Submitted artwork must be of professional quality and must be an original design, created by the artist submitting.
- Artwork must be considered Museum ready to hang: framed (when appropriate), protective glass (when appropriate), professionally fabricated and durable for public display. If selected, D-ring attachments are needed on back.
- Artwork must remain on display for the duration of the program, unless sold within the first three months.
Art in Public Places Program retains 20% commission for all art sales resulting from this display.
- Applications will be reviewed by a jury panel consisting of VAC representatives and the general public.
- All art sales are handled by Kimber Kreutzer, Public Art/Business Services Coordinator.
- Each artist is allowed a maximum of 3 entries.
Artist Call for Entry Distribution:
Printed applications available through:
Loveland Museum/Gallery and the Loveland Public Library
Electronic applications available at:
Materials must be submitted to the Loveland Museum/Gallery,
503 N. Lincoln Avenue, by Friday, January 8, 2015 at 5:00 p.m